Whenever my Father-in-law comes to stay with us from the Canary Islands, there is one thing he misses: Barraquito, traditional Canary Island coffee.
- Freshly ground coffee
- Hot water
- Condensed milk
- Vanilla liqueur
- Coffee beans
- Lemon zest
- Using a cafetière make a pot of coffee to expresso strength, or weaker if desired.
- Fill 1/4 of a small glass with condensed milk.
- Top up the glass to 3/4 full with coffee from the cafetière.
- Add a small amount of vanilla liqueur and a coffee bean to the mixture.
- Serve with lemon zest on the side.