Knowing that I love to experiment with different kinds of chocolate in my brownie creations, my family challenged me to invent a chocolate mini egg brownie recipe for them to enjoy this Easter.
And I have to confess, I’m delighted that they did. Because this, my newest creation may just be my favourite yet.
Why not give them a try and see if your family likes them as much as mine do?
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 4 Packets of Mini Eggs
- 4 oz butter
- 8 oz caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- A couple of drops of vanilla essence
- 5 oz plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Break 6 oz of dark chocolate into small chunks and melt with 4 oz butter.
- Once melted stir in 8oz of caster sugar evenly.
- Beat two large eggs and stir into the mixture alongside a couple of drops of vanilla essence.
- Stir in 5 oz of plain flour (no need to sieve).
- Mix the Mini Eggs from two of the packets into the mixture.
- Place the mixture into a square cake tin and spread out evenly.
- Lightly press the remainder of the Mini Eggs into the top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes depending on how gooey you like your brownies.
- Leave to cool slightly before piping white chocolate in zig zigs for decoration.