In our house the Other Half is the chef. I’m happy to cook everyday dishes and I love to bake but when it comes to special meals he is most definitely in charge.
With Valentine’s Day coming fast upon us, I thought you might enjoy his Mushroom, Truffle and Bacon Risotto recipe. Perfect for Making the one you love feel truly special.
- 1 packet of truffle risotto rice
- 1 tbs of truffle oil
- Half a glass of white wine
- 300g bacon
- 400g chestnut mushrooms
- 3 shallots
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 800mls of water
- 50g butter
- Parmesan to taste
- Finely chop the shallots and garlic.
- Dice the chestnut mushrooms into four, and cut the bacon into half cm pieces.
- Put the truffle oil in a large pan to heat.
- Add the garlic and shallots and cook on a medium heat for two minutes.
- Put the bacon into the pan and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and cook for another minute, whilst stirring, before adding the butter and wine. Cook until the wine has been absorbed.
- Make the chicken stock by dissolving one chicken stock cube in 800mls of water.
- Start adding the stock into the risotto, one ladle at a time, stirring frequently. Once the stock is absorbed add another ladle.
- After five minutes add the mushrooms to the pan and continue adding the chicken stock.
- Once the rice is al dente, stop adding the stock, and add the butter and Parmesan.
- Stir both into the risotto to achieve a subtle shine, and serve.