I am the first to admit that I am not good at baking with children. In fact if I could I would happily banish them from the kitchen. There’s less mess, less worry, and less chance of anything going wrong.
These shortbread hearts are so easy however that even I don’t mind handing them over to the children to make. They have a limited number of ingredients, are relatively less free and work every time. As a bonus they are also a treat that both the Bear and the Lion thoroughly enjoy.
If you’re looking for something fun to do this Valentine’s Day, these really are the perfect choice.
- 350g of plain flour
- 110g of caster sugar
- 140g butter
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Measure the ingredients out and put them into a large mixing bowl.
- Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms breadcrumbs.
- Form small balls from the dough and press into heart shapes.
- Put the heart shaped biscuits onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 mins.
- Once golden, remove, leave to cool and sprinkle with caster sugar.