As anyone who knows me well is aware, I am never far from cholcolate.
In fact if chocolate disappeared from the earth, I may actually achieve my goal of being thin!
During our year of being dairy free there was nothing I missed more than chocolate brownies so it seemed like a fitting recipe to start off our new food section with. Decadent, gooey and the ultimate treat. This is one recipe you won’t regret making (or eating).
What’s more you don’t need to be the queen of baking to get it right. In fact it’s so foolproof, it’s a recipe that I happily let the children help with.
So, what are you waiting for?
Go on, give it a go, I promise that you’ll love them!
- 10 oz Toblerone (7 oz for melting, 3 oz for sprinkling on the top)
- 4 oz butter
- 8 oz caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- A couple of drops of vanilla essence
- 5 oz plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Break 7 oz of Toblerone into small chunks and melt with 4 oz butter. (I do this in a bowl over hot water, but if you are careful and do it in small increments to avoid burning the chocolate you can also do it in the microwave).
- Once melted stir in 8oz of caster sugar evenly. (At this point because of the nougat in the Toblerone the mixture will look much thicker than you would usually expect.)
- Beat two large eggs and stir into the mixture alongside a couple of drops of vanilla essence.
- Stir in 5 oz of plain flour (no need to sieve).
- Place the mixture into a square cake tin and spread out evenly.
- Break the remainder of the Toblerone into small chunks and press lightly into the top of the mixture at even intervals.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes depending on how gooey you like your brownies.
Top tip: If you overcook them, pop the brownies into the microwave for 20 seconds before serving to restore their lovely gooey texture.